These easy Turmeric Cumin Cauliflower bites are delicious and good-for-you snack that packs a punch of flavor with their blend of exotic spices and wholesome cauliflower.
Turmeric Cumin Cauliflower Bites
I adore cauliflower in every shape or form and always looking for a new way to jazz up my veggies. These turmeric cumin cauliflower bites are my new favorite way to add turmeric to my diet.
Made in a flash in the air fryer or oven, I love how they turn out with the vibrant yellow hue of the turmeric, and crispy golden brown edges, while perfectly tender inside. You may also like these Crispy Turmeric Cumin Air-fried Potatoes and Air fryer Cauliflower Steaks.
In this blog post, I’ll show you how to make these yummy bites that are perfect for a mid-afternoon snack or as an appetizer for a party. And first, let's take a quick look at the health benefits of turmeric and cumin and how they can change the way you snack.
Turmeric is a yellow spice commonly used in curries and Indian dishes. It has been used for centuries in traditional medicine to treat a variety of conditions. The active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Studies have shown that curcumin may improve brain function, reduce the risk of heart disease, and fight aging signs. In these cauliflower bites, turmeric adds a unique flavor and the added benefit of reducing inflammation throughout the body.
Cumin is another spice that is prominent in many cuisines. It has a warm, earthy flavor and is commonly used in chili powder and taco seasoning. Like turmeric, cumin has anti-inflammatory properties and has been shown to improve digestion and blood sugar control. Cumin, when combined with turmeric and cauliflower, creates a balanced flavor profile that is both savory and slightly sweet.
Cauliflower is a nutrient-dense vegetable that is low in calories and high in fiber. It’s an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable, like broccoli and kale, which means it is packed with cancer-fighting antioxidants. It also aids in digestion and has anti-inflammatory properties. In this recipe, cauliflower serves as a healthy and tasty base for the turmeric-cumin spice blend.
Now that you understand the health benefits of the ingredients, let’s dive into the recipe. Here’s what you’ll need to make these delicious turmeric cumin cauliflower bites:
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized florets
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt, or to taste
- A handful of chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes to add some spice, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash and chop cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, discarding the stems.
3. In a small bowl, combine turmeric, cumin, garlic powder, and salt.
4. Drizzle olive oil over the cauliflower florets and sprinkle the spice blend on top of the cauliflower, mixing well.
5. Spread the cauliflower evenly onto the baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and tender. Flip halfway.
Turmeric Cumin Cauliflower in the Air Fryer?
100% YES! As a matter of fact, it is much quicker than the oven method. The air fryer cuts the cooking time in half. Plus cauliflower comes out with crispy edges on the outside while being tender on the inside. It reminds me of the texture of the popping candy.
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F. (193°C). Use Air Fry or Crisp setting.
- In a large glass bowl combine oil and spices, add cauliflower and toss well to coat
- Place cauliflower florets in a single layer in your fryer basket, then spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes. Check every 5 minutes to stir to make sure it is evenly cooked. It may take more or less based on your specific Air Fryer machine.
How to Serve
Throw in some crunchy nuts, like almonds or pine nuts, for an added texture.
My favorite way to serve cauliflower is with protein like Air Fryer Steak Bites for a complete low-carb meal.
Place leftover cauliflower bites in an airtight container and store them in the fridge. For optimal freshness, sprinkle some lemon juice over the top before sealing it shut. It will help to keep your cauliflower from getting soggy, and I also love how it gives it a little zing.
In conclusion, turmeric and cumin are more than just spices. They have powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can improve your health and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. This simple and healthy recipe is a great way to incorporate these spices into your diet and create a delicious snack that you can enjoy guilt-free.
Turmeric Cumin Roasted Cauliflower Bites
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into bite-size florets
- 4 tablespoon avocado oil Or you can use oil that you have in your pantry – olive oil and coconut oil are good choices too
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Optional: ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes to add some spice
Oven directions. Air fryer directions see below in the note section.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and chop cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, discarding the stems.
- In a small bowl, combine turmeric, cumin, garlic powder, and salt.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cauliflower florets and sprinkle the spice blend on top of the cauliflower, mixing well.
- Spread the cauliflower evenly onto the baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and tender. Flip halfway.