Air fryer steak bites have an appetizing caramelized crust, juicy tender interior, and are prepared in the air fryer in under 10 minutes. Then steak bites are tossed in garlic butter. Melt in your mouth delicious and easy to serve as a main entree or as party food.
I love how air fryer has revolutionized the steak game, and steak has never tasted better. The hot air circulating around the steak crisps up the exterior while keeping the interior juicy and flavorful. I especially love how the steak gets the gorgeous crispy char on the outside in under 10 minutes.
One dish you won't want to miss out on is air fryer steak bites with garlic butter. It's savory, juicy, and delicious! My other favorite mouthwatering pieces of meat are Air Fryer Ribeye Steak and Air Fryer Skirt Steak.
What Cut of Steak is Best for Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Sirloin. Not only is it affordable and can be found at any grocery store, but the sirloin has just the right amount of marbling for optimal flavor and tenderness when cooked in the air fryer.
- Ribeye. The marbling in the ribeye allows for a juicy and flavorful bite each time. Plus, cooking ribeye in the air fryer gives it the perfect crispy crunch on the outside while keeping the inside tender and succulent.
- Filet Mignon. The tender and juicy texture of filet mignon makes it the perfect cut of meat for air frying. I love how it cooks so quickly, you won't have to wait long to sink your teeth into your savory creation.
- Flank Steak. The texture of flank steak makes it the perfect candidate for slicing and dicing into bite-sized pieces. Plus, its strong beefy flavor can stand up to many different seasonings and marinades.
- Stew meat. Stew meat can hold its own as a tasty and budget-friendly option for steak bites. While it may not have the same marbling and tenderness as a prime cut, stew meat can be tenderized with a little love and a lot of seasoning.
How to Make Garlic Butter Steak Bites in the Air Fryer
Prep the Steak. To make air fryer steak bites, you'll need about 1 pound of sirloin, ribeye or flank steak. Cut the steak into small chunks, about 1-inch by 1-inch cubes. This will ensure that each bite will cook evenly and quickly in the air fryer. Season the steak with avocado oil and salt and pepper, or any other seasonings you prefer. Let the steak sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cooking.
Cook in the Air Fryer. Preheat your air fryer to 400F (200C). Once it is preheated, place the steak bites in the basket in a single layer. You don't want to overcrowd the basket, as it may prevent the steak from cooking properly. Cook for 6-8 minutes, flipping the steak bites halfway through. You'll know they're done when they're browned and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Or when it reaches the internal temperature of 145F. Then rest it for 3 minutes.
Prepare the Garlic Butter. While the steak is cooking, melt 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Once the butter has melted and the garlic is cooked, remove from heat.
Combine the Steak and Garlic Butter. Remove the steak bites from the air fryer and transfer to a bowl. Pour the garlic butter over the steak and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with fresh parsley or other herbs for added flavor and color. Serve hot and enjoy the deliciousness!
Steak Seasoning Variations
This recipe is perfect as is, but please feel free to experiment with different seasonings or dipping sauces. Add some red pepper flakes for a little heat or dip the steak bites in a homemade blue cheese dressing. You can also make this recipe with chicken or shrimp instead of steak if you prefer.
May I recommend Serving Steak Bites With:
Steak bites can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes. But fresh is best.
Tips for best air fryer steak
- To ensure even cooking, cut the steak into equal sizes
- Preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before adding the steak. Adding any steak to a hot air fryer is crucial. This helps to form a nice crispy crust and appetizing caramelized edges.
- Do not overcrowd the basket.
- Please give each piece of steak some space so the hot air can fully circulate.
- Allow your steak to rest for 3 minutes before cutting into it. Please remember, however, that steak continues to cook while it’s resting.
- Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check for internal temperature. According to Certified Angus Beef, steak is safe to eat when the internal temperature reaches 145 °F for medium. 135°F for medium-rare and 125°F for rare.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Enjoy. Easy, Crispy and Delish.
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Steak Bites
- Air Fryer Cheesesteak Melt
- Best Sauteed Caramelized Air Fryer Onions - These are my new favorite way to make sautéed onions. I love how they get perfectly golden, soft, and caramelized in 10 minutes, with crispy edges. I love to top my burger or chicken with them.
Garlic Butter Air Fryer Steak Bites
- 1 pound Steak. I used Ribeye. Sirloin or NY strip will work great too.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon dry rosemary optional
- 1 TBS Worchestire sauce optional
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted butter melted
- 3 garlic cloves minced.
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- Trim the excess fat off the steak and cut it into bite-size pieces. Approximately 1-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, add steak cubes, oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and Worchester sauce. Coat evenly. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F/200C for 3 minutes.
- Add steak cubes to the air fryer basket or tray. Do not overcrowd them. Give them some space.
- Airfry mode 400F/200C 6 minutes, turning halfway. This means that after 3 minutes you will open air fryer, flip each piece on the other side and fry for an additional 3 minutes or until the desired doneness. Usually, 6 minutes is good enough for medium doneness. The sides are nicely caramelized and crispy.
- While the steak bites are cooking, heat butter in the microwave until melted. Add chopped garlic. Add cooked steak bites. Toss until well combined. Add parsley if desired and serve.
These look terrific, gotta try this!! Thanks for sharing!!
Second time I’m making them this week soooo good
I make them a couple of times a week too. Delicious
Just to say it’s Worcestershire sauce. A place in England.
If you dont have an air fryer can this be done in the oven or in a pan on the bbq ?
Absolutely. You can cook it on the BBQ, or sear it in a very hot pan, add a little oil 3-5 minutes per side. Continue cooking for another 2 min until they are golden brown or perfect to your liking and doneness
This was not good. It didn’t carmelize but I didn’t want to over cook it. Too many pop ups on the site as well.
I used this recipe tonight and it was delicious. I was surprised at how tender the sirloin tips were. I will definitely be making again.
Yummy! Love the air fryer steak bites every time
I made them and everybody loved them! Making again tonight.
Yay! They are my favorite too. Thank you for writing