A delicious cabbage pancakes recipe – a light meal great for lunch or dinner. Call them cabbage pancakes, cabbage fritters or cabbage schnitzel. All the same delicious thing! Cabbage fritters allow you to cook ordinary cabbage in an extraordinary way.
Cabbage pancakes are prepared quickly. They are tender, juicy, crispy, healthy and very tasty.
Ingredients for Cabbage pancakes:
2 cups raw white cabbage, finely shredded
1 medium carrot, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons sour cream
4 tablespoons All purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil (or use your preferred frying oil. I use Avocado oil)
2 Tablespoons fresh dill, finely shopped (optional)
2 Tablespoons green onions, finely chopped (optional)
2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 2 cups raw white cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 3 tablespoons Avocado oil (or use your preferred frying oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- Rinse the cabbage. Remove the top leaves. Chop the cabbage finely. Add salt and mash well with your hands. Leave the cabbage for 10 minutes, then squeeze out the juice if any.
- Add grated carrots to the cabbage, sour cream, eggs, soda, flour, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. If desired, add green onions, garlic and herbs.
- Spoon the mass into a preheated frying pan, preheated with vegetable oil. Fry cabbage pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- Pat the pancakes with paper towels to remove the excess oil (optional)
- Serve with sour cream or try them with Chipotle sauce. Yum! Enjoy your meal
2. Although it is a low carb recipe, you can substitute the all purpose flour to make it more keto friendly. You can sub for Almond flour, coconut flour, Gluten free flour or any of your preferred keto flour. 1:1