If you're looking to add a bit of zing to your salad routine, this Creamy Cucumber Radish Salad with Eggs, Green Onion, and Dill is a mouth-watering explosion of flavors that'll have you exclaiming "YUM!" with every bite.
Imagine the fresh crunch of cucumbers, the peppery kick of radishes, and the creamy goodness of boiled eggs, all coming together in a tangy, dill-infused dressing. It's the perfect dish for a picnic, a potluck, or regular weekday dinner.
And the best part? You don't need to be a master chef to whip this recipe up - it's super quick and easy. While my hard eggs cook in the air fryer, I thinly slice cucumber and radishes and chop some green onions.
This creamy cucumber radish salad is my new favorite way to incorporate crunchy vegetables and protein into my diet while also enjoying the season's fresh flavors.
Cucumber Radish Salad Ingredients
- 2 cups of thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup of thinly sliced radishes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- ¼ cup of chopped green onion
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh dill
- Salt & Pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- ½ cup of Sour Cream (or plain Greek yogurt). Can also use mayo instead.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
To start, add the sliced cucumbers, radishes, chopped eggs, green onion, and dill to a large bowl and set aside.
Next, whisk together the sour cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until smooth and creamy.
Pour the dressing over the salad in the bowl and toss gently until all the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
Before serving, give the salad a final toss and top with additional chopped dill for a fresh burst of flavor.
This green and juicy salad is a great stand-alone dish or can be served as a side for grilled meats, fish, or chicken.
Add it to Air fryer fried chicken or Steak Bites for a protein-packed dish.
If you're in a rush, air-fried salmon works perfectly as well.
You could keep things light and airy with a quinoa salad, or go all-in with some Garlic mashed potato cakes or lay the cucumber radish creamy goodness on top of steaming Air fryer Baked Potato.
This salad is best to eat fresh because it has crunchy vegetables in a creamy dressing. Transfer your leftover salad to an airtight container. It will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, or else it may get soggy and watery. However, the juice from the vegetables in this salad is one of my favorites.
Tip for making this salad ahead of time: make sure to keep the dressing separate until you're ready to serve.
Is Cucumber Radish Salad Healthy?
Absolutely! Aside from being delicious and easy to prepare, this creamy cucumber radish egg salad is also packed with nutrients. Cucumbers and radishes are low in calories and high in fiber, making them ideal for controlling weight and promoting healthy digestion. Meanwhile, the eggs in this salad provide protein, which helps to build and repair muscles. Greek yogurt (or sour cream), the base of the dressing, is a good source of probiotics, which promote gut health, and calcium, which can help build strong bones.
Is Cucumber Radish Egg Salad Low-Carb?
If you're on the keto diet and wondering whether cucumber radish salad is a good bet, the answer is a resounding yes! This refreshing and crunchy salad is made up of low-carb vegetables that won't spike your insulin levels or kick you out of ketosis. Cucumbers and radishes are both low in calories and high in fiber, making them the perfect addition to any keto meal. Plus the eggs themselves are a keto staple.
When choosing a dressing, you have a choice between Greek Yogurt, sour cream, or Mayonnaise. These are usually low-carb dressings, however, do check the nutritional information before adding them to your salad.
As an alternative, you can add healthy oils like olive or avocado.
Whether you're trying to eat healthier or simply want to indulge in a tasty salad, this creamy cucumber radish salad is a perfect choice. It's easy to make, contains a variety of veggies and protein, and is packed with nutrients. Plus, the flavors of the fresh dill and lemon juice will leave you feeling refreshed and energized.
More Crispy and Refreshing Salad Recipes
- Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Arugula and Pear Salad with Goat Cheese
- Watermelon and Pearls of Mozzarella Salad
- Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
Creamy Cucumber Radish Salad with Eggs
- 1 large English cucumber thinly sliced. About 2 cups.
- 8 radishes thinly sliced, about 1 cup.
- 4 large eggs hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- ½ cup green onions finely chopped scallions
- ¼ cup dill chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon Salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- ½ cup Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt. Can also use mayo instead.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ teaspoon Salt and pepper to taste
- Athe sliced cucumbers, radishes, chopped eggs, green onion, and dill to a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together the sour cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until smooth and creamy.Pour the dressing over the salad in the bowl and toss gently until all the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.Before serving, give the salad a final toss and top with additional chopped dill for a fresh burst of flavor.
Leave a Reply