These Air Fryer Garlic parmesan chicken wings recipe is the yummiest dish ever. If you cook them in the air fryer, they are healthier too. It is my all-time favorite dish that I am sharing here today. The wings are crispy, tasty, and the best recipe for parties or events. This garlic-parm chicken wings recipe makes you addicted when you try it once.
The combination of garlic, butter, and fresh chopped parsley makes them beautiful and buttery crispy delicious.
How to make Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
First, you air fry the chicken wings, with just a little oil, salt and pepper to taste. This usually takes 20 minutes. Do not forget to flip the wings halfway. While the wings are cooking, make the Garlic-Parmesan Butter sauce.
In the medium saucepan, melt butter, pressed garlic, finely chopped fresh parsley, and finely grated Parmesan cheese and stir together. Once the wings are done cooking, toss them together with the Garlic Parmesan butter sauce and serve.
1 pound of fresh chicken wings (cut into wingettes and drummettes). Approximately 20-22 pieces
1 Tablespoon Olive oil or Avocado oil
Salt & pepper to taste
4 oz butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or minced. (can add 3 cloves if you like extra garlicky)
- In a medium bowl, add the wings, oil, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, stirring until fully combined.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390F/198C for 5 minutes.
- Arrange wings on the Air fryer basket/tray, in a single layer, giving them some space.
- Air fry mode at 390F for 20 minutes. Flip the wings halfway through the cooking.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, parmesan, garlic, and parsley, stirring until fully combined.
- Using a food-basting brush, coat the cooked wings in the parmesan mixture making sure to coat them well. Add the wings back to the air fryer. Cook for an additional 2-4 minutes and serve immediately.
- Serve with homemade Blue cheese dressing dip.
Can I use Frozen wings for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen wings, but they may take more time to cook. It is better to thaw them before adding them to the air fryer.
How can I get equal crispiness on all wings?
For equal crispiness, you should not overload the air fryer basket. Keep your chicken wings separately so the air can circulate from each piece. When the chicken wings become crispy from one side, toss them so that they can crisp from both sides equally.
Is Garlic parmesan chicken wings recipe keto-friendly?
The air-fried or oven-baked chicken wings are healthy, and anyone can enjoy them with any side dish. For keto persons, they are great for their lunch and dinner meals. They are not deep-fried so that they can enjoy them.
How many wings can I cook in the Air Fryer at once?
In a 4-quart air fryer, you can cook 1 pound or fewer wings in one batch. It takes 20 minutes to cook the wings in the air fryer. Be sure to turn and toss the wings every 5-10 minutes so that they will crisp from each side.
Most air fryers comfortably fit 20-24 chicken wings (cut up in wingettes and drummettes) I have tested with Instant Vortex, which comfortably fits 24 wings (12 per tray). My Cuisinart Air Fryer oven fits 22 wings on the mesh tray and the winner is Ninja Foodi Grill 6-in-1, it has a large cooking area and it should easily fit 26-30 chicken wings
- 1 pound of fresh chicken wings (cut into wingettes and drummettes)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil or Avocado oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 oz butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or minced. (can add 3 cloves if you like extra garlicky)
Air Fry method – follow the directions of your Air fryer maker. The air fryer that I used are Ninja Foodi and Cuisinart and it takes 20 minutes to cook wings. In Instant Vortex the cooking time is 25 minutes at 390°F (approx 200°C) Other brands may suggest 20 minutes,flipping halfway.
Oven method - follow the directions below. Cook at 390°F in the middle rack for 30-40 minutes flipping halfway. You can use the oven broiler for a crispier crust.
Store the leftover garlic parmesan butter in a container in the refrigerator. Use within a week or freeze. This butter is great on a cracker too. Or anything you want to cook with it.
This garlic parmesan butter recipe is good for 2 pounds of chicken wings.
One pound of wingettes is usually 10-11 wings
This garlic parmesan chicken wings recipe is low-carb and Keto friendly.