This banana zucchini bread delivers the taste and texture of amazingly moist, mouthwatering and delicious banana bread with an added veggie that you can not even taste. With just eight whole food ingredients, absolutely no added sugar and nothing artificial! Rejoice!
Yes, there’s a way to bake a perfectly moist and rich gluten free, sugar free, low carb and keto friendly Banana Zucchini bread.
I added dried cranberries and walnuts bits to this banana zucchini bread for an extra crunch and sourness. It is completely optional and the flavors are fantastic.
I added 2 fresh zucchinis to this recipe. As a matter of fact, the zucchini is optional too and you can bake this Banana bread without the zucchini and add your favorite fresh or dry fruits for extra moisture. I just got my recipe inspiration from TheMamaMaven who baked her banana bread with zucchini and thought why not give it a try. While the author Nancy makes her Zucchini bread with just zucchini and no banana, however she uses reg flour and Splenda. I, instead, usually give my recipes a low carb spin and substitute flour for almond flour and sugar for natural sugar replacement such as Swerve or Monk fruit.
PS: Save this Pinterest-friendly photo below. If you’re not baking this Banana Zucchini Bread right now, you will easy find it in your saves later.
The Banana Zucchini bread is so moist, rich and delicious with absolutely 0 grams of added sugar. The sugar mostly came from 2 bananas that I used. I also used 2 teaspoons of Swerve – all natural sweetener.
My other inspiration came from my original recipe – 4 Ingredient Banana Blueberry muffins, that are also absolutely moist, mouthwatering and with no added sugars, this recipe was very loved by my readers! And for a good reason… Only 4 wholesome ingredients and the muffins are really delicious. Not to mention, it’s a breeze to make it. Just whisk all ingredients together and pour into the muffin forms or bread loaf pan.
This zucchini banana bread recipe is very simple to prep and make as well. Only extra part is to squeeze the moisture out of zucchini. But you will enjoy doing this and you will be surprised that zucchini comprised of 95% water and from 2 medium freshly grated zucchinis you can squeeze 1 full cup of water. WOW!
After squeezing the water out of zucchinis, they don’t look like they are dry at all. Instead they add a perfect texture to this Zucchini Banana Bread.
What you’ll need for Low Carb Keto Banana Zucchini Bread:
2 Medium Zucchinis, shredded (2 cups shredded zucchini)
2 Bananas (Soft and mushed with fork)
2 cups Almond Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 TBS Oil
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
1 Tablespoons Brown Swerve all natural sweetener (optional, see notes below)
1/2 cup dried cranberries, unsweetened (or raisins)
1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
1. Shred zucchini and blot out moisture. You can use paper towels or best to use the nut milk bag and in the video above you can see how easy it is to take the moisture from zucchini using the milk nut bag
2. Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C)
4. Whisk eggs. Add oil, baking powder, cinnamon and mix together
5. Add shredded zucchini
6. In a separate bowl mush bananas with fork and then add to the mixture
6a. Add Almond flour, salt to taste and mix well together.
7. Add cranberries and walnuts and mix lightly
8. Pour the mixture into the baking pan
9. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the center is not wobbly and the inserted toothpick come out clean.
10. Let cool for 20-30 minutes. Then lift your banana zucchini loaf using corners of parchment paper.
11. Using bread knife slice into 1 inch slices and start enjoying immediately.
Perfectly moist and mouthwatering with crunchy texture. Enjoy with some butter.
Notes: 1. Swerve all natural sweetener is optional. You can substitute with regular or brown sugar which is completely optional. This bread will come out naturally sweet and will use bananas as sweetener
2. If allergic to almond flour, you can sub with coconut flour. Use 1 cup to start and then add another 1/2 if the mixture seem liquidy.
If you have friends that are dairy free or low carb feel free to share this delicious and simple Banana Zucchini bread recipe with them. If you make it I would love to know your feedback and please feel free to post photos on my Facebook page or your Instagram and hashtag it#TheBigAppleMama with @TheBigAppleMama
Handy printable and nutrition information is below. As you can see this 1 inch slice has only 10 g carbs and 5 grams sugar (and added veggie) vs. standard banana bread has 30-40 g carbs and loaded with added sugar. I hope you enjoy this healthy and delicious recipe!
Disclosure: This recipe is not sponsored in any way or form. Affiliate links are present.
Low Carb Keto Banana Zucchini Bread
Author: Irina Davey of TheBigAppleMama.com
Recipe type: Dessert/Savory
- 2 Medium Zucchinis, shredded (2 cups shredded zucchini)
- 2 Bananas, soft (softer is better)
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 TBS Oil
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 Tablespoons Brown Swerve all natural sweetener (optional)
- ½ cup dried organic cranberries, unsweetened (or raisins)
- ½ cup Walnuts or Pecan chips
- ½ tsp Salt or to taste
- Shred zucchini and get the moisture out. You can use paper towels or best to use the milk nut bag and in the video above you can see how easy it is to take the moisture from zucchini using the milk nut bag
- Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C)
- Line 9 x 5" glass pan or 8 x 8" baking pan with parchment paper
- Whisk eggs. Add oil, baking powder, cinnamon and mix together.
- Add shredded zucchini
- In a separate bowl mush bananas with fork and then add to the mixture
- Add Almond flour, salt to taste and mix well together.
- Add cranberries and walnuts and mix lightly
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the center is not wobbly and the inserted toothpick come out clean.
- Let cool for 20-30 minutes. Then lift your banana zucchini loaf using corners of parchment paper.
- Using bread knife slice into 1 inch slices and start enjoying immediately.