Crispy on the outside and juicy soft tender on the inside, these cheesy chicken fritters is very delicious chicken recipe and so easy to make. They are low-carb full of protein. Keto, paleo, low carb and whole friendly and melt in your mouth.
- 2 pounds chicken breast thinly sliced or diced. I found the easiest way to thinly slice chicken (but not to ground it) is to put the raw chicken breast into the food processor. My Braun Multiquick does the thinly minced chicken job in just a few seconds.
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise (Can sub for low fat or no fat)
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded (Can sub for cheddar cheese)
- 3/4 cup Almond flour (Can sub for reg. flour)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 TBS Fresh dill, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Oil for frying ( I use Avocado Oil)
- 1 onion, finely chopped (optional)
- Lemony Dill sauce dip:
- 2 TBS Mayonaise
- 2 TBS Sour cream
- 1 TBS Lemon Juice
- Small pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 garlic clove pressed
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped dill
Combine and mix all the ingredients together. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or even best overnight.
Heat the frying pan on medium-high and add 1 TBS oil. Reduce heat to medium.
Scoop a tablespoonful of the chicken mixture and place it on the frying pan. Tip: Use the help of a spatula and shape it into a round shape. Press lightly
Depending on the size of your frying pan, you should have 4 chicken fritters per pan.
Fry for 3 1/2 (three and a half ) minutes per side or till golden brown color and the fritter is cooked through. Tip: For faster results, I used two frying pans. The pan that I use is a 10" Zyliss frying pan.
Remove from pan onto the plate and start enjoying immediately
The food processor does a very good job at mincing the chicken. Or you can still thinly slice chicken breast using a knife.
You can sub for regular flour if you prefer.
You can sub for another grated cheese of your choice.
If you like onion, I definitely suggest adding one onion, finely chopped. Simply Amazing taste of caramelized golden crispiness on the outside and juicy center on the inside.
I suggest using Himalayan Pink salt for less saltiness and versatile seasoning
You can sub for your favorite sauce dip. Mayo/ketchup combo is wonderful too. Or try a homemade Chipotle mayo.