If you're in the market for a new air fryer, you might be feeling a little overwhelmed by all of the choices and asking which air fryer to get. As a more practical and healthy alternative to deep frying, air fryers have grown in popularity recently. These devices cook food with hot air and a tiny amount of oil, producing crispy, delectable foods with fewer calories and fat. Here’s a handy Air fryer Cooking chart that you can print and use as a guide.
In this article, you’ll learn how to select the best air fryer for your needs. To assist you in making an informed choice, we'll go over crucial factors to take into account, well-known brands, and suggested models.
Why Buy An Air Fryer?
Any kitchen would benefit from having an air fryer for these reasons:
- Healthy. An air fryer is a healthier method of food preparation is one of the main advantages. A traditional deep fryer uses a lot of oil and adds extra fat and calories to the food, but an air fryer uses hot air and very little oil, so the food comes out crispy and tasty but with fewer calories and fat.
- Speed. The speed of an air fryer is another benefit. Most air fryers heat up in just 3 minutes, and when compared to using an oven, they can cook food in a fraction of the time. For busy people or families that wish to prepare meals fast and easily, it is a perfect solution. One of my favorite easy and fast meals are Air Fryer Baked Potatoes, Potatoes and Onions, and Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Wings, to name a few.
- Cost. Air fryers are inexpensive. They use less electricity than an oven, which can help you save money over time on your energy costs. Additionally, they are less expensive to purchase than other kitchen appliances like ovens, making them a fantastic choice for individuals on a tight budget.
- Delish. Finally, anything cooked in an air fryer has a great flavor. The hot air cooking process seals in the natural flavors of the food, producing dishes that are not only scrumptious but also crispy and juicy. Have you tried Air fryer Vegetables? Air-fried veggies taste better than they ever did before. Air-fried carrots are simply irresistible. The only way we enjoy carrots lately.
Things to consider when deciding on what air fryer to buy
When shopping for an air fryer, there are several things to consider to ensure that you get the right one for your needs.
Size. First, consider the capacity of the air fryer. When it comes to sizes, it's important to consider how many people you will be cooking for. Air fryers come in different sizes that are measured in quarts. For one person, a 2-quart air fryer is enough, while a 4-5 quart air fryer is suitable for 2 people. If you have a family of 3-4 people, a 6+ quart air fryer should be large enough to accommodate your cooking needs.
Keep in mind that larger air fryers may take up more counter space, so it's important to consider the available space in your kitchen when making your decision. Additionally, a larger fryer will also allow you to cook larger items such as a full pizza or a rotisserie chicken.
Type. Another thing to consider is the type of air fryer. There are different types available such as:
- Basket-type air fryers: These are the most common types and have a basket for the food and a heating element above it.
- Air fryer oven: This type is larger and has more features than the traditional basket-type air fryer. It's great for cooking large items such as a full pizza. The device that I use daily is Cuisinart Air fryer Toaster oven.
- Dual-basket air fryer: This type has two baskets which allow you to cook different types of food at the same time.
- Air fryer grill: This type has a grill plate to give food a grilled effect. I’m obsessed with my Ninja Foodi Grill. I use it mostly for meats like Air fryer Steak, chicken breast, chicken drumsticks, Air fryer Ribs. The most recent recipe I did in my Ninja is Cornflake crusted chicken. Rolled in mayo & dipped in crushed Cornflakes, I LOVE how it gets so crispy on the outside while keeping the meat tender, juicy, and full of flavor.
Special functions are something to consider as well. Some air fryers now come with smart features that allow you to connect them to your smartphone and control the cooking process remotely.
Budget. Finally, think about your budget. Air fryers can range from $35 to $250, so it's important to set a budget before you start shopping and find the best one that fits your needs and budget.
The Air fryer brands I like the most
- Ninja: Ninja is a well-known brand that offers a variety of air fryers, including basket-type and oven models. They are known for their versatility and ability to cook a wide range of foods, including dehydrated fruits, rotisserie chicken, and even full pizzas. The model that I use is Ninja 6-in1 Air Fryer.
- Cosori: Cosori is another popular brand of air fryers known for their high-quality and user-friendly design. They offer a range of models including basket-type, and oven air fryers, with some models, also including a preheat function, a shake reminder, and a keep warm function. Best Cosori Basket style 5.8 Qt.
- Instant Pot: Instant Pot is a multi-cooker brand that also offers air fryer lids that can convert the Instant Pot pressure cooker into an air fryer. Their air fryer lids are compatible with most Instant Pot models and offer an easy and convenient way to air fry foods, and also add the ability to fry, roast, bake, and more.
- Best Oven Style - Ninja SP101 Countertop Oven.
- Budget-friendly - 2 QT Chefman Small, 3 QT Crux.
- Hi-End - Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro.
An air fryer is a flexible and practical kitchen tool that may help you quickly cook delicious, crispy, and healthy meals. It's crucial to take into account the capacity, the food you want to cook, the type of air fryer, special features like smart features, and your budget when selecting the new kitchen machine.
Numerous types are available from well-known manufacturers including Ninja, Cosori, and Instant Pot to suit a variety of demands and preferences. Remember that the greatest air-fryer for your needs and budget can always be found by reading reviews and comparing costs. All year long, you may enjoy crispy, wholesome, and delicious cuisine with the correct air fryer.
I invite you to join our public Air Fryer group on Facebook. All your questions about air fryers are answered by our friendly fellow members, including a huge discussion on Which air fryer to get is the #1 question. Plus tons of air fryer recipes!