This Hearty Hamburger Cauliflower soup is a quick and easy meal that is low-carb and keto-friendly. The soup is healthy, made in a savory broth, loaded with vegetables, tender lean beef, and diced tomatoes; Instead of potatoes, I used cauliflower! Delicious!
There's nothing like a hearty soup bowl when you're in the mood for something warm and comforting. Whether you're looking for a quick weeknight dinner, or something comforting and filling to enjoy on a cold winter night, this Hamburger Cauliflower soup is sure to satisfy your cravings.
May I recommend my other favorites that you can easily make at home? Try Instant Pot French Onion soup and Borscht - deep red-colored soup with beets and cabbage. Don’t let the color fool you. This is one seriously tasty and healthy soup.
The Benefits of Cauliflower
Cauliflower is a staple ingredient in the keto and low-carb diet as it's low in carbohydrates yet high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It's a versatile vegetable that can mimic the texture of rice or even potatoes, making it the perfect addition to this soup recipe. Besides, cauliflower contains antioxidants that help reduce inflammation and improve overall health.
The Importance of Hamburger
Hamburger is a protein-packed ingredient that satisfies hunger and provides energy throughout the day. It's also high in zinc, iron, and vitamin B12, which helps support a healthy immune system. In this recipe, we recommend lean ground beef to reduce fat content while still maintaining flavor.
A cheeseburger isn't complete without cheese, and this soup recipe is no different. However, it's important to choose the right type of cheese to ensure it's keto and low-carb friendly. We recommend using Cheddar, Parmesan, or Mozzarella cheese, as they are lower in carbs and complement the flavors of the soup.
Spices and herbs are key to making this soup recipe flavorful and satisfying. We suggest using garlic, onion, Worcestershire Sauce, and Balsamic vinegar to enhance the taste of the soup. You can also add thyme, parsley, or cilantro to give it a fresh kick.
How to Make Hamburger Cauliflower Soup
Please refer to the printable recipe card below for a complete list of ingredients, step-by-step instructions (Instant Pot and stovetop), and nutrition information.
Start by cooking the ground beef and onions in a large pot until the beef is browned. Then add cauliflower, beef broth, chopped onions and celery, and seasonings to the pot, and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. Next, stir in the cheese and let it melt before serving hot.
This hearty hamburger cauliflower soup is an excellent option for those on the low-carb or keto diet. It's a hearty and flavorful dish that satisfies hunger and provides essential nutrients.
More Recipes to Try
- Air Fryer Crispy Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Instant Pot Egg Roll Bowls - low carb and keto friendly
- Beef Cauliflower Soup
Hearty Hamburger Cauliflower Soup, Low Carb, Keto Friendly
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil more if needed
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups cauliflower florets about half a medium head can also use 2 cups frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 16 oz.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic minced garlic from a jar is fine for this
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar or other flavorful vinegar of your choice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving (optional but recommended)
- Chop onion, celery and carrots and measure out 2 teaspoon minced garlic (or chop fresh garlic if you prefer)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the Instant Pot on SAUTE, HIGH HEAT, add the ground beef and cook until it’s browned (about 5 minutes), breaking apart with wooden turner as it cooks. I used lean ground beef so I didn’t need to drain any fat, but drain some fat from the pot if needed when the beef is browned.
- Season the browned meat with salt and pepper, push it over to the side. Add another tablespoon of olive oil if needed, and add the chopped onion, celery and carrots.
- Saute for 5 minutes, stirring ocassionally, until softened, then add the minced garlic and saute a minute or two more.
- Mix the onion/celery mixture into the ground beef to combine.
- Add beef broth, canned tomatoes and cauliflower to the pot. Add the rest of the spices, Worcestershire Sauce.
- Lock the lid and set the Instant Pot to MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE, 6 minutes.
- After cooking time is up, let the pot natural release (about 10 minutes)
- Open the lid, give the soup a few stirs (By now the cauliflower florets will be mostly dissolved, falling apart and thickening the soup.)
- Stir in 1-2 T balsamic vinegar (or any flavorful vinegar will work, and taste to see if you want to add more salt and/or fresh ground black pepper, to taste.
- Serve hot, sprinkle with freshly-grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Aircanda Reservation Online
Thanks for this post.
How many does this feed?
Just made this soup and it is delicious. I added a few things from freezer, corn and green beans. A little elbow macaroni. I love it. Won't tell family it has cauliflower in it. This is a keeper.
So glad you enjoyed ?. Thanks for your feedback
Very good. When I went to the fridge for my cauliflower I realized it was way past prime. So I subbed Potato chopped in 1 - 1 1/2" pieces. A home made broth and good quality ground beef really help make it flavorful.
I cannot find the nutritional info anywhere. I clicked the YUM button and it still won't show. Can you help me?
This is a light, delicious, flavorful, and picturesque soup!
Cauliflower, icymi, is a cabbage vegetable.
This soup is reminiscent of stuffed cabbage (which I've also constructed in a soup form). I have a side of rice and quinoa with mine!
This was delicious! I ended up cooking it in a soup pot rather than my Instant Pot, and it turned out great. I am not keto or low carb, so I added a few quartered creamer potatoes and some fresh corn on the cob. I decided against adding pasta, and I did not miss it. It was delicious without the vinegar, so I didn't use it, but I added grated Parmigiano Reggiano. I love that this soup gives a lot of latitude in what ingredients you use or not. It's also super easy and delicious for several days. Thank you and YUM!
Thank you so much for sharing! I'm so glad you enjoyed it . It's one of my faves too and I love that the soup is fully customizable.
Can you use chicken instead of ground beef?
I think I am going to try this using a beef soup bone I have in the freezer with all these delicious vegetables. Thanks for the recipe using hamburger i will also do this too!!
You are welcome 😊 love your idea of using the beef soup bone