Air Fryer BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken - ready in 10 minutes! How can you possibly go wrong with a recipe that’s ready fast and tastes amazing?
You won't believe how delicious this chicken recipe is. The flavor is so intense and yet the chicken is incredibly tender and juicy. Using the air fryer does not dry the chicken out at all. Instead, the juiciness and tenderness are sealed by crispy bacon.
I loved this stunning recipe. Sharing: Air Fryer BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken recipe.
More Bacon-Wrapped Recipes You'll Love
- Bacon-Wrapped Pineapple
- Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
- Bacon Wrapped Steak Bites
- Bacon Wrapped Avocado Bites
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breast
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast
These Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breast bites are my new favorite way to make chicken in the air fryer. I love how bacon gets so crispy while keeping the chicken tender and juicy. Chicken breasts are cut into bite-size pieces, seasoned with spices, then wrapped in bacon and air fried until fully caramelized and the bacon is crispy and beautifully browned.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless. Cut into even bite-size strips. Approximately 1 inch thick. And 2 or 3 inches in length. Can also use chicken tenderloins.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 6 slices bacon. Use regular thin-cut bacon
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 TBS chopped Parsley, optional. For garnishing
- In a medium bowl, add chicken pieces, coat with oil and spices, rub the chicken well and mix them all together until combined and fully rubbed. Feel free to add spices and seasoning of your choice.
- Cover the bowl, and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F/200C. If you don't have the preheat option, simply run it empty for 3 minutes.
- Wrap each chicken piece with half a strip of bacon. Usually, half a strip of bacon is good enough for a small chicken piece. If not long enough, extend the bacon strip, until the chicken piece is fully covered with bacon.
- Use toothpicks to secure the bacon to the chicken meat.
- Place bacon-wrapped chicken breasts directly onto the air fryer basket or tray. Give them a little space. Do not overlap. If you have a small air fryer, you may need to cook in batches of 6-8 chicken pieces.
- Air fryer mode at 400F/200C for 10-12 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway. Or until bacon is fully cooked, beautifully browned and crispy.
- Usually, the air fryer times and temps are pretty accurate. But if you’re unsure, please use the meat thermometer until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165F/73C. I use. Or cook the chicken until the desired doneness.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Or herbs of your choice.
- Serve with homemade Chipotle sauce. Delicious!
- Oven baking directions:
- Prepare the chicken as instructed above.
- Place the chicken bites on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray).
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 20 minutes (flipping halfway) or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
How to store and reheat?
To store bacon-wrapped chicken, simply place it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to four days. When you're ready to reheat, preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F and cook the chicken for about 5 minutes, or until heated through. If you find that your bacon is getting overcooked, simply cover the chicken with foil during the final few minutes of cooking.
What else can I wrap in bacon?
Bacon is delicious wrapped around just about anything. Meats, vegetables, and even fruits can benefit from a bacon blanket.
For an added savory touch, try wrapping bacon around grilled or roasted veggies like asparagus.
Bacon wrapped avocado is the combination of crispy bacon and rich, creamy avocado making for a heavenly bite that will have your guests asking for more.
The fatty deliciousness of bacon pairs especially well with hearty items like steak bites and potatoes.
For a fun and unique flavor combination, try wrapping bacon around sweet fruits like pineapple. The saltiness of the bacon offsets the sweetness of the fruit for a delightful treat.
Leave a Reply