This instant pizza crust is so simple and delicious with only 2 ingredients pizza dough made from scratch. Your pizza dough is ready to go in the oven in under 5 minutes! Mind blown!
It tastes JUST like a regular takeout pizza crust, if not even better, because it is made from a comfort of the home in under 15 minutes from start to eating. No rising time involved! No need to mess with yeast and water and wait for hours for the dough to rise.
My kids looove pizza and they can eat it practically every day. But once I “poisoned” them with broccoli crust pizza and low carb crispy crust pizza, they were skeptical about trying this yogurt crust pizza. They were questioning me about what’s the crust is made of and followed up with me to insure there’s no cauliflower of broccoli involved in making this pizza.
Dude! No, only two simple ingredients – Greek Yogurt and flour. I loved the idea of using yogurt because it contains protein, calcium and vitamins.
You can pick any Greek yogurt from the supermarket. Just make sure it is plain and not flavored. They have so many different variety of Greek yogurts – low fat, no fat, and even 5% higher fat. I picked up the brand Fage, it was on sale at my local supermarket and according to dr. Oz, it is one of the healthiest yogurt brands to buy. This yogurt is strained, making it naturally thick in consistency, rather than containing added thickeners. Real strained Greek yogurt is good for you because the straining process eliminates whey. The Fage yogurt label said it only had 2 ingredients – 2% milk fat and live active yogurt cultures.
But like I mentioned before, you can get 0% fat Greek yogurt or higher fat, like 5%. I decided to pick in the middle, 2% milk fat.
Also you can choose any brand, even store brand will do. Just make sure you read the label and the real Greek yogurt should not contain any more than couple of ingredients. Trader Joe’s brand is amazing too.
So the yogurt pizza crust has passed the test and both of my kids agreed that pizza tasted very good. It even had a crispy crust.
My hubby and I were very happy with the result too. Now I make this yogurt pizza crust for my kids every weekend.
I feel that it is better than takeout and definitely the easiest to make from scratch, requiring only two simple ingredients:
Ingredients for pizza crust:
1 cup real Greek Yogurt, plain, 2% milk fat (can sub for non fat or full fat)
1 cup Self-rising flour (plus another 1/4 cup for rolling)
Preheat the oven to 450F (230C)
On a flat surface, Using your hands combine the ingredients together. After literally a minute, you can see that it is forming a real dough-like consistency. Add a little more flour, sprinkle it on a board.
Using a rolling pin, start pressing and spreading the dough.
Transfer onto a lightly greased baking sheet. You can also use a lightly greased parchment paper. In the case of parchment paper I didn’t even have to grease mine.
Press and spread the dough into a round pizza shape. To insure the edges do not burn, Shape up the edges with your fingers to be the same thickness or even slightly thicker that base.
Now you can start using your toppings. I actually like to pop the crust by itself into the oven for 3 minutes, but you can skip this step and pile up your toppings – tomato sauce, sliced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, fresh basil and so on.
Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are nice golden brown and cheese is completely melted.
Top with fresh basil and enjoy.
Chef’s helpful tips:
1. By the way, once the pizza is baked and ready to eat, you do not even taste yogurt. I promise you it tastes just like a takeout pizza crust, but better. Especially after you pile your favorite toppings on top. Because you agree that the key to delicious tasting pizza is not only crust, but toppings too, right? You can put anything you want on your pizza!! I, for example, used sliced up hot dogs in one of my video recipes when making the best low-carb pizza crust recipe, and people made fun of me that i put hot dogs on my pizza. But there’s no pizza topping police, you agree? So this is why I encourage you to try this most delicious and most simplest pizza crust and pile all your favorite toppings on top. I would love to see a photo of your creation. Please use hashtag #TheBigAppleMama on social media so it will be easy for me to find your creation. I would love to be inspired by your pizza toppings too, and see what did you think of this 2 Ingredient pizza crust.
2. You can use the regular flour. In this case you need to add rising agents: 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp baking powder.
3. You can use the gluten free flour. Just also add rising agents: 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp baking powder.
4. Once you crust is made, you can pop it in the oven for 2-3 minutes by itself, without any pizza toppings yet. Take out of the oven, pile your toppings and put for 10 minutes in the oven. This trick will insure the crispiest crust ever.
Below is the handy printable recipe and no fail video of making this pizza in action – Enjoy:
Better than Takeout - 2 Ingredient Crispy Pizza Crust
Author: Irina Davey of TheBigAppleMama.com
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 cup Real Greek Yogurt, 2% fat (can sub for non-fat, low fat or high fat)
- 1 cup self rising flour (plus ¼ cup more for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 450F (230C)
- On a flat surface, Using your hands combine the ingredients together. After literally a minute, you can see that it is forming a real dough-like consistency. Add a little more flour, sprinkle it on a board.
- Using a rolling pin, start pressing and spreading the dough.
- Transfer onto a lightly greased baking sheet. You can also use a lightly greased parchment paper. In the case of parchment paper I didn't even have to grease mine.
- Press and spread the dough into a round pizza shape. To insure the edges do not burn, Shape up the edges with your fingers to be the same thickness or even slightly thicker that base.
- Now you can start using your toppings. I actually like to pop the crust by itself into the oven for 3 minutes, but you can skip this step and pile up your toppings - tomato sauce, sliced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, fresh basil and so on.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are nice golden brown and cheese is completely melted.
- Top with fresh basil and enjoy.