Tip on how to make the chicken juicier and more flavorful – Brine method
- Whole chicken up to 5 and 1/2 pounds or whichever can be fit into your Instant Pot. The one I use is Instant Pot 6 Qt 9 in 1
- 1 TBS oil. I use Avocado oil
- Favorite spices and chicken seasoning. I use Badia Rotisserie Chicken seasoning.
- Chicken stock or bouillon
- Optional: Stuffing of choice, like stuffing, onion, apples, garlic, thyme, rosemary...etc
1. Rinse the chicken. Pat dry
2. Rub and season the chicken with salt, pepper, and seasonings of your liking
3. Place Instant Pot on Saute mode, let it heat up. Add a TBS of oil and place chicken inside of the Instant Pot and let brown (about 5 minutes per side). Note: Or you can set it on a separate pan to brown the sides of the chicken if that sounds easier.
4. If you brown the chicken in IP, once done, take the chicken out. Be careful, it's hot. I used heat-resistant gloves to help me get the chicken out. Add half a cup of water while still being in saute mode. At this time it will best to de-glaze the bottom of the pot by scraping the bottom with a wooden spatula.
5. Once you deglazed the bottom of the Instant Pot, add another half cup of water, place the trivet on the bottom, and then place the whole chicken inside the Instant Pot (on top of the trivet)
6. Set the Normal High pressure and timer to 10 minutes. Don't let the time fool you and do not worry, the chicken should cook through. You may set the pressure cook for longer if you wish, but you don't want to end up with over-cooked rubbery chicken meat.
7. Once the timer beeps, let it be a natural release. The natural release should last about 15 minutes.
8. Once the pressure is released, open the lid, take out the chicken and place it on the prepared sheet that will go inside the oven to broil and crisp the skin. Or you can send it to the air fryer.
9. Broil it on high broil for 7-10 minutes on each side. or air fry at 350F for 7-10 minutes on each side.
Tip on how to make the chicken juicier and more flavorful - Brine method
Before you proceed, I wanted to give you a heads up on how to make the chicken meat super juicy and not dry while being flavorful. This step is completely optional but the chicken brine may help make the meat more tender and juicy. Here's the simple chicken brine recipe.