What is Air Fryer Scotch Eggs? Scotch Egg is an egg wrapped in minced meat, coated in breadcrumbs and baked or deep fried, is a British dish. It's "Scotch" description sounds rather strange, but it is, at the same time, very tasty, and quite simple to make dish.
Traditionally, a Scotch egg needs to be wrapped in minced pork or ground sausage meat, but we made it more dietary version with the mix of ground chicken and ground beef. However, you can use any meat you like.
Additionally, instead of deep-frying the Scotch eggs and using the gallon of oil, I used my air fryer to cook them. The result is juicy meat with an appetizing crunchy crust. With every bite, there is a flavor explosion in your mouth.
The Air frying takes only 12 minutes. Enjoy this delicious meal. It's worth trying!
(PS: Please save this Pinterest-Friendly photo below. If you’re not making these Air fryer Scotch eggs recipe right now, you will easily find them in your saves later. I also invite you to join our “Daily Air Fryer recips” Facebook Group for recipe support, to share new low carb recipes, tips and tricks from fellow members and inspiration for your Daily Yum!)
How do I boil eggs?
The Scotch Eggs can be made with hard-boiled eggs or soft boiled eggs - your choice. You can boil your eggs traditional way, stovetop, cook them in your pressure cooker or air fry eggs at 350F. 7 minutes to the "soft boil" condition and 10 minutes to a "hard-boil" condition. Then take the eggs out and cool in an ice bath for 5 minutes.
Instapot eggs directions: Pour water into the inner pot of Instant pot pressure cooker. Set trivet over the water. Arrange eggs on the trivet. Lock the lid. Seal Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes, using 5-5-5 method. After the beep, let Instant pot release naturally for 5 minutes. Then take the eggs out and cool in an ice bath for 5 minutes.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Scotch Eggs
Disclosure: This Air Fryer Scotch Eggs recipe is not sponsored. Affiliate links are present. Regardless, I enjoy sharing what I cook in my kitchen. Handy printable recipe is below. Enjoy!
- ½ pound ground chicken
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Worchester sauce
- 1TBSP Fresh dill, finely chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ flour
- ½ cup water for Instant pot pressure cooked eggs
- Make your hard-boiled eggs, using the method you prefer.
- Peel eggs and set them aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground meat, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder, Worcester sauce, and dill. Hand mix well to evenly blend spices into the minced meat.
- Divide the seasoned ground meat into 6 portions and form into large patties approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Place one cooked peeled egg in the middle of the meat patty.
- Using your hands, wrap one egg with meat at a time, forming a large ball.
- Separately, arrange three bowls: 1) with beaten egg, 2) with flour and 3) with panko.
- Dip each Scotch egg into flour, shaking off the excess, then dip in egg mixture, then roll in panko to coat.
- Set Air fryer to 390 F (200 C)
- Place scotch eggs in the air fryer basket, giving them some space. That means do not over-crowd.
- Spray each egg lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook 10 minutes on Air fryer setting. Then flip and cook additional 2-3 minutes on the other side or until golden brown and crispy skin.
Easy. Substitute panko bread crumbs for pork panko and eliminate the flour. Or you can use the almond flour instead of regular flour.
Follow the same directions.
Would like to see the nutrient breakdown of this item