With the help of our handy air fryer cooking times chart, you'll never have to worry about setting your air fryer too high or too low again. This cooking guide has suggested times and temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celcius. The link to download the high-resolution printable cheat sheet is located below. You will also find an Airfryer calculator. It helps convert oven temps to air fryer temps.
What is Air Fryer Cooking
Air fryers have become a popular kitchen appliance due to their ability to cook food quickly and with little to no oil. With the right air fryer cooking chart, you can easily master your air fryer in no time!
Let’s dive into how to use an air fryer, what foods you can cook with them, and tips for getting the most out of your air frying experience. Some of my favorite easy and beginner-friendly recipes are Air Fryer Hot Dogs, Crispy Chicken Breast, or Breaded Pork Chops.
What Air Fryer to Get?
If you're in the market for a new air fryer, you might be feeling a little overwhelmed by all of the choices and asking which air fryer to get. Learn how to select the best air fryer for your needs in our Which Air Fryer to get guide.
How to Use an Air Fryer
Air fryers work by circulating hot air around the food that is placed in the basket. When using an air fryer, it is important to remember that preheating is the key; most recipes will require preheating for 3-5 minutes before attempting to cook anything.
Additionally, when adding food to the basket, make sure not to overcrowd it as this will cause uneven cooking.
Finally, check on your food periodically as different ingredients may require different cooking times based on their size and thickness.
What Foods Can You Cook in an Air Fryer?
However, vegetables like potatoes, carrots, or Brussels sprouts also work well when cooked in an air fryer. You can even cook frozen foods such as frozen fries, mozzarella sticks, or frozen meatballs without having to worry about them sticking together!
Additionally, fish fillets are perfect for cooking in an air fryer - just be sure not to overcrowd the basket so they don’t stick together.
Tips for Mastering Your Air Fryer Cooking Times Chart
- When using our air frying cooking times as a guide, please keep in mind that different types of foods may require different temperatures and times - always be sure to double-check your recipe before starting! For example, most egg recipes cook at lower temperatures, 275F-350F, while most meats cook at high temperatures 390F-400F and up. It is no longer low and slow. Air fryer cooks high, fast, juicy, and crispy.
- The key is experimenting with what works best for you - find out which settings work best for different types of food, and soon enough you'll be a pro! Once you understand how to make all kinds of recipes in your air fryer, prepare to impress your family and friends with delicious meals made effortlessly.
- If you find that your food is undercooked after following the recommended time/temperature guidelines - simply add a minute or two at a slightly higher temperature until desired results are achieved! Do not add more than 3 minutes at a time, because with an air fryer cooking you can easily find yourself moving quickly from uncooked to charcoal briquette in what feels like a matter of seconds.
How accurate are these times and temps?
Although I'm confident that my chart is pretty accurate, please remember that the suggested times and temp may not work for "All" fryers. The frying times and temps can depend on a model, how loaded the basket with food is, and the end result that you like. I found what works for me, based on my experience, I record my own times. I suggest that you do the same.
For example, chicken wings in my Air fryer take 20-22 minutes (Flipping halfway), but chicken breast could be way less, depending on the thickness. I recommend setting the timers and recording your own times, so you can open your fryer and check on the food. Once you have all times recorded for your favorite foods, you will become an Air fryer pro!
Air Fryer Tips
These are three crucial air fryer tips that I never tire to repeat again and again.
1. Turn the food halfway. I recommend setting the timer. I use Alexa or my phone to set the timers. Once the timer beeps, I would physically open the air fryer and flip each piece to the other side. This step is important for flipping most meats and veggies to ensure even cooking.
2. Do not overcrowd the air fryer. I recommend always frying your food in a single layer of the air fryer basket or tray. This is also to ensure crisp and even cooking.
3. Preheat your air fryer. This basically means to run the air fryer empty. And preheating only takes a minute or two. Once the air fryer ran for a minute or two, pop the tray with the food right in.
Air Fryer Accessories
May I recommend my favorite and most useful air fryer accessories? They make the cooking process easier and more enjoyable.
Silicone muffin cups, or ramekins. They are oven and air fryer safe up to 450 degrees and are great for cooking sunny-side-up eggs, muffins, pancakes, etc. You will especially love these cups when trying Air Fryer Poached Eggs or Air Fryer Oatmeal Cups.
Food silicone brush. I love to use this brush for even distribution of oil and spices over the food.
Oil sprayer. Spraying lightly the food with oil spray is one of the keys to crispy food. This oil sprayer is refillable with your favorite oil.
Silicone tongs. I find them helpful in flipping the food in the air fryer. Their long design helps me not to burn my hands or fingers.
Silicone spatula/turner. I find them very useful when flipping multiple small food pieces at once. For example, these garlic chips.
Air fryer parchment paper. These 200+ precut air fryer parchment paper sheets make cleaning air fryer easier and leave it mess-free.
Silicone mitts. I use these multiple times a day and find them very useful when taking the hot tray out of the air fryer.
Air Fryer Calculator
I found this Air Fryer Calculator I find very useful. It helps me to convert oven-bake instructions to an air fryer.
The top part of the page is a "Conventional Oven to Air Fryer Temperature Conversion"
Just select the temp of your recipe with the slider and punch in the cooking time and it converts it for you
Air Fryer Cooking Time and Temp Guide - Print it!
I hope you will find it useful. Here's the link to download the high-resolution printable cheat sheet. Or click on the image below to download PDF.
Disclosure: This post is not sponsored in any way or form. I only share what I love to cook and use in my own kitchen. Affiliate links are present.